More Zen_of_Ten: ten more minutes each week, turning a thought into a thing. For sure, big thoughts are important, and words matter, a lot. But thoughts that can be turned into something, are extraordinary thoughts indeed.
1. Deeds make words that much more powerful.
2. Strategy = execution.
3. Don’t tell me you’re funny, make me laugh.
4. Don’t make an excuse. Make it so.
5. Don’t tell me you love me. Show me, instead.
6. Don’t just think the kind thought. Act on it (hold the door, put someone’s luggage in the overhead bin).
7. Make a thank you card that’s personal, and send it in the mail.
8. Convert the contemplation of getting in better shape to losing 5 lbs, through diet and exercise.
9. Don’t ask your son if he knows how much you miss him. Just show up at his ballgame.
10. Write it down.
Wherever possible, act. And by turning a thought into a thing, you are already that much closer to making the impact you intend to make.